My personal highlights to wrap up the year included:
- Taking josh to the aquarium for a solo improptu trip. Josh has always enjoyed the aquarium and seeing the difference marine life. Petting the sting rays was one of our favorite things of the day
- Bears game with friends.. do i really like the bears? ummm... not so much but do live sports especially with good seats
- Lots of runs with friends... We have all joked we would take a run and post race breakfast anyday over a late night out
- Taking an afternoon to myself and seeing Fun Home. While Hamilton is all the rage on Broadway, this won Best musical in 2015 and was simply amazing. The two shows were totally different but loved them both.
- Thanksgiving in Ohio.. a tradition we have had most our of married years which included a 5K in Chardon. Lucy, Josh and Liza kept things lively around the house and we dined on filets, crab cakes and many other goodies! On a whim, we decided
- Christmas in Chicago where we went to see Charlie Brown's Christmas and ice skated at Maggie Daley park. Perfect weather for Christmas and really enjoyed our quiet weekend.
- My parents came in for New Years and we went to see Star Wars (again) and closed out 2016 by falling asleep before midnight.